I bought this Arcade 18" clock about a month ago from a Craigslist post. The dial was separated from the clock and everything had been sitting for long time. There were spiderwebs and dirt inside the case and the movement was dry with light surface rust on the springs and escape anchor. The case was almost black but appeared to be oak. There were signs of an earlier rehab where someone put a giant wooden hoop in the bezel frame to hold the glass in. There was a strange red velvet material around the inside area where the bezel would sit when closed. I also found this fuzzy material around the pendulum door. The dial was beyond saving so I sent it off to be restored by Phil Wilson in Lees' Summit Missouri. With the dial gone, I began work on the case and scrubbed it several times with steel wool and GoJo. After about 5 passes it looked pretty good. I reattached the filler boards and cleaned the inside of the case then applied some orange glow to make it look decent. The old original glass was good and once I got the outer wood bezel re-glued and solid, i installed the glass using glazing points. it fits nicely and the points are not noticeable. During this time I also tore down the movement and ran it through the ultrasonic. There had been a few bushings installed in the past and everything was in good order once re-assembled and lubricated. I applied some Johnson's paste wax to the case and buffed it to produce a nice finish. The dial returned on Tuesday and I was very pleased with the restoration. Once assembled everything came out pretty nice in my opinion. I've just about got it dialed in for accuracy. It's been a rewarding project. Thanks for looking.