Seth Thomas Adamantine Mantle Clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by jparker, Jan 28, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jparker

jparker Guest

This would not be uncommon to have a patent date prior to the date of the clock being sold. In most cases the 102 is probably the movement model number, which could have been placed in different styles of clocks. Can you advise where you are located. This may help someone to respond who is in your area. Thanks Jim

2. clockbob

clockbob Registered User

Jan 6, 2001
    Jack, I have several Seth Thomas clocks with the Adamantine finishes. The 1880 patent date is for that finish. This finish was used through the 1920's with the 1880 patent date on the paper.Looking in the Duy Ly's ST book, on page 24, there is a Chime Clock #102. This clock dates from 1913-1923. I don't know what the 10-20-04 is except it might some type of code when the clock was last cleaned.
    Hope this helps.
    Bob

3. BIG D

BIG D Registered User

Mar 2, 2004
    Memphis Area, TN, USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jack,
    Some of those clocks were stencil dated on the back or bottom with a 5 digit date. 4 numbers represent the year (many times in reverse) and a letter for the month(A=Jan, B=Feb, and on). look on the bottom for possible date of mfg.

4. Goodguy2

Goodguy2 Registered User

Nov 30, 2010
    Hello,my st mantle is stenciled 6033 1/2 i cant figure this one out,can anyone help me?

5. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Why not post some pictures of the clock and the stencilled number to give us a clue for visualization. I would also use your original thread to post them rather than use this old thread.

6. Goodguy2

Goodguy2 Registered User

Nov 30, 2010
    #6 Goodguy2, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    Thanks