Seth Thomas 9 1/2 International Time Recorder Co

Holescreek

Jul 26, 2019
Centerville, OH
Country
I havn't been able to find much information on this clock, It has a Seth Thomas sticker behind the pendulum and the works is stamped 9 1/2. Standard script "ST" in a diamond, "S. Thomas, Thomaston CT U.S.A." I have an ITRCo time clock running in the family room but have not seen the wall clocks before.

I cleaned and oiled it today and it's running well.

Raymond Rice

NAWCC Member
Feb 14, 2011
NYS
Country
Region
I would look closely at how the dial is attached. I think its possible the dial may not have come with that case.
Ray Rice

Holescreek

Jul 26, 2019
Centerville, OH
Country
I had my suspicions about the dial when I removed the bezel from the case and found a second set of holes underneath about 1/4" rotation away. It's as if they didn't have the key holes properly aligned when they attached the face and had to rotate it into position and make new holes. After searching pics online and coming up empty for a match I assume this is someone's creation.

Toughtool

Aug 12, 2016
Panama City, FL
Country
IBM did produce a short case master clock, a model A. This link shows what the movement looks like. However the wind holes should rule this clock out. My guess is it's a very nice face mounted on a wind-up clock movement. Dial may be off of an ITR secondary. A photo of the movement would tell more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John P.
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller