• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Seth Thomas “ Day of the week” clock??

ironhat

NAWCC Member
Jan 11, 2013
MS
Country
Region
Below is a picture of a Seth Thomas single weight time only clock that not only keep time, but when set up properly will let you k no ow the day of the to the week. I have no idea of when it was made or any info on it.

94E29CFA-4F04-4B52-8F5D-FE2DF5A4478C.jpeg

Salsagev

Donor
Feb 6, 2020
Madison
www.youtube.com
Country
Region
It’s a very nice clock! I would think it is a reproduction from the 80s and with a German movement. Pictures of the back?

ironhat

NAWCC Member
Jan 11, 2013
MS
Country
Region
It’s a very nice clock! I would think it is a reproduction from the 80s and with a German movement. Pictures of the back?
Salsagev, thanks for compliment. I pretty much have known in the back of my mind this clock was more than likely a product on the company that bought the Seth Thomas name and produces clocks today. But I have not been able to find out anything about it anywhere in the archives here or anywhere on the net. It is a fairly recent addition and I knew it had been recently serviced, so I have not even pulled the dial plate off to look at the movement. I have seen discussions here of there are some companies that make pretty decent weight driven movements used in more modern clocks. Any way it is a different concept piece that caught my eye.

ironhat

NAWCC Member
Jan 11, 2013
MS
Country
Region
This idea is taken from Thomas Jefferson's great clock at Monticello. You can see the day-of-the-week plaques on the wall. I think Jefferson is credited as first with this idea.
View attachment 633314
Found a sale listing online for a clock like mine this morning on FB. Seller stated clock was made 1972, and was had an asking price of $200. This is the only info I will have been able to find on this. Clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReyes11
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.