Sessions Wagner or Mozart

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by MuensterMann, Jun 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MuensterMann

MuensterMann Registered User

Mar 23, 2008
    I have a Sessions clock and was wondering the model name and year made. It has a bell 1/2 hour strike and gong hour strike. It is shown below. At first I found it was a Wagner model from 1923. However, other information said Mozart. What is your opinion?

Photos below.

left.JPG front.JPG

2. chimeclockfan

chimeclockfan Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Chime clock & gong studies.
    WI
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The Wagner had different side handles although it shares the same cast sculptures as your clock. I believe your clock is the 'Mozart'.

3. MuensterMann

Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks CCF for your input. I did notice variations, but didn't know if the same model had variations or if they had a different model name for each variation. I assume the Mozart is from the same time era, correct?

4. chimeclockfan

chimeclockfan Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Chime clock & gong studies.
    WI
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Same time period, early 20th century. The black mantel clocks were very popular in America up to the 1920's, only being superseded by the more modern tambour.
    Clocks tended to have topical names with Wagner and Mozart being named after composers.

5. PeterDixon5775

PeterDixon5775 Registered User

Dec 23, 2017
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Don't know if you already got your answer, it is a Sessions Mozart - 1923 Page 148 #328 Trans Session Book

6. MuensterMann

Mar 23, 2008
    Thank you! That is what I thought.