Sessions Revere Banjo Clock Glass

HotCzech46

NAWCC Member
Brass Member
May 6, 2022
Texas
Country
Region
I am in the process of restoring a Sessions Revere Banjo Clock (circa 1927/28). Picture attached. In really bad shape, although the damage must have occurred early in the clock's history since the movement is hardly worn. I was expecting to have to bush most of the holes and found that none of them show any signs of wear. However, the case is another matter.
As you can see from the pictures, the reverse paintings are totally destroyed. Paint flecks everywhere and it just flakes off when you touch it. I just removed the rest of it and am now trying to figure out how to replace it. In a prior thread, someone pointed to the following ebay listing for a printed picture, but that listing is long gone and my attempts to contact the listing owner have gone unanswered.
SESSIONS REVERE BANJO Banjo Clock Replacement Picture Set $16.00 - PicClick
Bottom line - anyone know where I can get replacement pictures?
If I can't get replacement pictures for a reasonable price, then I would like to get just a really good photograph of the Revere lighthouse and clipper ship, thinking I could flip the picture, print it out on a full-size sheet of clear "peel and stick" label stock, and just glue it onto the glass.
I know the value of these clocks is closely tied to the original reverse glass paintings, but I am not trying to recapture that value. Strange, and I'm not sure how, but I think the lighthouse glass had already been replaced since one side is rough with uneven edges, indicating it was hand cut and not the original glass. The clock is for my own personal collection, and I just want to make it look as close to the original as possible, without spending a fortune doing so.
The case is already going to take many hours of work to restore. The dial is in relatively good shape, although the outside bezel is not.
Thanks in advance for any help!
(Note: you can see what the original pictures looked like at the ebay link I included above.)
David
Banjo-1.jpg IMG_6715.JPG IMG_6717.JPG

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

NAWCC Forums

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryLouLou
Encyclopedia Pages