• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Sessions Pendulum

K

kwatts

I have a Sessions humpback mantel clock, not particularly old, but it is missing the pendulum bob. How do I determine what weight bob is needed for this clock? Also, is there a specific company that would produce the striking arm(s) and hammer for the gong?
thanks for help

K

kwatts

I have a Sessions humpback mantel clock, not particularly old, but it is missing the pendulum bob. How do I determine what weight bob is needed for this clock? Also, is there a specific company that would produce the striking arm(s) and hammer for the gong?
thanks for help

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hi, kwatts. Timesavers has pendulum bobs and generic strike hammer assemblies that may or may not fit your clock (part #'s 11522 and 11523). Does your clock movement have a fast-slow adjustment on the dial? This will determine which pendulum bob you need. They have a 3 ounce pendulum with the Sessions "S" on it that likely would be perfect for your clock if it is regulated from the dial.
www.timesavers.com
Hope this helps you.
Harold

K

kwatts

Thanks,
That helps a lot. Timesavers just said, "get one that fits"
kwatts

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Kwatts, sorry if Timesavers was not the answer to your problem. If you could post a picture of your clock movement, we might be able to offer you some better advice. The company that made your clock is no longer in business, so not all replacement parts are available.
Harold

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Although the weight is a factor, the more important consideration is the length of the suspension spring and unit. You can probably do fine getting the part that Harold mentioned. If you don't have an adjustment knob, you just need the bob with built-in adjuster. Neither bob is expensive.

K

kwatts

Since the bobs are so inexpensive, I think I'll just order a couple of different weights and use which ever works. Thanks for the info.
kwatts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveal
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-