Sessions Oak Drop Octagon Wall Clock

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by sylvester12, Jun 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sylvester12

sylvester12 Registered User

Oct 17, 2015
    Country Flag:
    DSC04163.JPG DSC04165.JPG DSC04166.JPG DSC04169.JPG DSC04164.JPG DSC04175.JPG DSC04176.JPG DSC04177.JPG Picked this little clock up today at the antique market. Sessions Oak Drop Octagon, 8 day Sessions signed time only movement. Smaller than my other Drop Octagons with a 7" dial. Good looking clock that looks to be all original. Good intact label on the rear of the backboard. Runs like a well tuned Swiss watch, movement looks clean I oiled it before I put the dial back on. Haven't searched for a date yet but I will unless someone beats me to it. I like clocks like this in good shape and didn't pay a whole lot for it, I would say he gave it to me for half what he should have.

I was going to buy it last weekend but didn't bring enough cash with me and there's no bank machines out where I was. Glad it was still there but I did miss out on a nice little Banjo but you know what they say "Sometimes you get the bear sometimes the bear gets you".

2. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Male
    retired educator
    Greenfield, Nova Scotia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice clock. I have the exact same clock, the one on the right in this trio of time zone clocks (kids in different areas of the country). Mine has Arabic dial. I find it a loud ticker but it is strong and reliable. Can't help you on the year. I always thought of it as around 1915 or so.

Ron

RS Trio_1.jpg

3. sylvester12

Oct 17, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Ron, I like all three of them.

4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    The numerals stamped on the label are likely a date - 22-10 (?) = October 1922. Did you clean the brownish crud off the suspension spring? Looks unpalatable.

5. rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Love how you have them set for the different Canadian time zones!!

I once had what is basically a miniature Sessions "school house" 8 day time piece like yours. Believe it or not, it was one of the most original clocks I've come across. As she admired it so much, I gave it to the person who cleans my house. So, it was the center of a nice experience all around.

This is a great time to acquire nice little clocks like these for reasonable prices. I can remember when they brought A LOT more money.

Enjoy!

RM

6. sylvester12

Oct 17, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Under the magnifying glass it says 22 + 10 so I would say your right Oct. 1922. Someone did some soldering on the suspension spring I got most of it off.