Sessions Movement Assembly

Gregory Douglas

Dec 26, 2020
Country
I'm learning about clocks and want to know if there is an available video that shows how to assemble a Sessions movement? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Greg

Fitzclan

Jul 20, 2014
Long Island, New York
Country
Region
I'm learning about clocks and want to know if there is an available video that shows how to assemble a Sessions movement? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Greg
Hi Greg,
You can check YouTube, but I doubt that you will find what you are looking for.
The common practice especially for beginners is to first study the movement and try to get some understanding of how things work, then take lots of photos before and during disassembly, keep time and strike train parts and wheels together. I find that sticking the wheel arbors into a piece of styrofoam or cardboard in their respective positions helps keep things in order, take notes And more pics. Take pics of the wheels in the styrofoam so that you can put them back properly after cleaning.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Dave Stelling

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I would say the main two things would be to learn exactly how the strike works and to keep the time train and strike train parts completely separate. Using two plastic bowls is good.

With very few exceptions the parts will only go back in but one position.

Good luck, Willie X

Reactions: Dave T

Gregory Douglas

Dec 26, 2020
Country
Hi Greg,
You can check YouTube, but I doubt that you will find what you are looking for.
The common practice especially for beginners is to first study the movement and try to get some understanding of how things work, then take lots of photos before and during disassembly, keep time and strike train parts and wheels together. I find that sticking the wheel arbors into a piece of styrofoam or cardboard in their respective positions helps keep things in order, take notes And more pics. Take pics of the wheels in the styrofoam so that you can put them back properly after cleaning.
Hope this helps
Awesome. Thanks for the tips. Sounds like a plan. I appreciate the response. Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerm346
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-