• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Sessions Sessions Electric Clock

Scott Stewart

Jun 2, 2018
Country
Hi All!
Just a newbie here. I have some questions about a Sessions Electric Clock I actually bought for $5 dollars at a garage sale yesterday. They said it was not fixable but in my world everything is fixable. Anyway my questions. I have attached photos

1. How old is this clock?
2. What is it's value when working properly?

I did plug it in and when moving the hands it does engage the chime motor/rotor but the time does not keep hands don't move. Is the motor/rotor the lower left one in photos? Does anyone know what might be the problem? Clock is very good shape and I would like to keep it and getting working right again, real excited about my find. Love the chimes. Any help I would be thankful.

Thanks,
Scott

20180602_203410.jpg 20180602_203425.jpg 20180602_203517.jpg 20180602_203439.jpg 20180602_203616.jpg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Welcome to the board.

First of all, you might do better to post this enquiry in the Electric Horology section. That's where the electric clock gurus will be easiest to find and I know they will be happy to help you. I am sure a moderator will move your post for you if you give them a little time.

I can't tell you the exact age (though the electro-men may be able to) but would guess 1940s.

We are not allowed to discuss values on this site. You could look at what these clocks sell for on E-Bay to get a rough idea.

It's nice to have a Westminster electric Sessions and well worth getting it in working order. Congratulations! And for $5 too, - double congratulations!

JTD

Scott Stewart

Jun 2, 2018
Country
Just a newbie here. I have some questions about a Sessions Electric Clock I actually bought for $5 dollars at a garage sale yesterday. They said it was not fixable but in my world everything is fixable. Anyway my questions. I have attached photos

Was wondering How old is this clock?

I did plug it in and when moving the hands it does engage the chime motor/rotor but the time does not keep hands don't move. Is the motor/rotor the lower left one in photos? Does anyone know what might be the problem? Clock is very good shape and I would like to keep it and getting working right again, real excited about my find. Love the chimes. Any help I would be thankful.

Thanks,
Scott

20180602_203616.jpg 20180602_203517.jpg 20180602_203410.jpg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I am sure a moderator will move your post for you if you give them a little time.
I see you have now posted in Electric Horology, which means we have the same clock in two threads, which is always confusing, hence why I suggested waiting for a moderator.

Never mind, the moderator can combine the two if he wants to.

JTD

Scott Stewart

Jun 2, 2018
Country
Update: I was brave enough to remove the motor, I went to spin the gear and it seemed stuck I gave it a twist and the motor started working. I had been running for over 1/2 and chimes great. It does loose time a bit. I am thinking that it just needs cleaned and lubricated. Does anyone know how to clean the gum from the motor? Will electric motor cleaner work?

Thanks,
Scott

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region
Hi Scott,
Welcome to the message board.

Do you have some pictures of the motor that you have. Some here may know but it could help others give you good advice.

David

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I have combined the three (!) threads on this clock. When adding information, go to the original thread and click on "Reply To ."

Your clock, BTW, is simply called the 94 DJ, as on the label. It is shown in Tran Duy Ly's book on Sessions clocks from the 1936 catalogue, but it may have been offered a few years either side of 1936.

Reactions: Scott Stewart
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accuraterubber
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit