• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Sessions clock pendulum

Clockman1965

New User
Jul 31, 2021
Country
Just picked up this old "Sessions" brand clock. As far as I can figure out it's from sometime in the early 20th century. The former owner said he was told very late 1890's, but I can find no markings apart from the "Sessions" and "Made In USA" on the clockface.
It appears to just need a good clean up and a new back cover made from wood. It also is missing the pendulum weight.
Does anyone know exactly what this clock is and what year roughly it would have been made?
More importantly, can anyone give me an idea on what weight and shape the pendulum weight should be. I can easily make one using my workshop and just need a point to start on.

Thanks for any help!!

IMG_1082.jpg IMG_1083.jpg IMG_1088.jpg

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I can't help you with the name of the clock, but I would guess the 1920's for age. This bob would would be close to the original. The back board would be a plain piece of wood with a lip at the bottom and a latch at the top. About 1/8" thick. You have the latch at the top I see.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
When you have it apart, check the winding ratchet parts carefully. Nearly all these movements have serious problems in this area. Not a bad movement otherwise, just don't expect it to be a great timekeeper. :) Willie X

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
Many clocks are sold without the pendulum purposely.
That begs the question as why it won't run.
The clock movement is some 100 years old and I would put my money on something else being wrong with the clock movement. In fact, likely there are lots of things wrong with the clock movement.
JMHO
Dick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jade1jerry
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-