Sessions Session Mini Mantle clock Time set lever issue

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by BinnyBob, Sep 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BinnyBob

BinnyBob New Member

Sep 7, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    hello, NEWB here..

I have this nice Sessions mini mantle clock that I picked up a year ago. The Time lever was always difficult to set time so I took the clock apart to fix and clean. Since having it apart I can not get the lever shaft and gear to move the hands. Once in the cog the shaft spins... there doesn't seem to be any thing to keep the cog in place either. I have searched online for a look at how the shaft and cog fit and can not find any examples. Does anyone here have a suggestion? I would like to fix it so it is fully operational. Thank you for your consideration. SEE photo, The time lever is not in but the cog is and noted, if more photos are needed I would be happy to provide.

Session Clock.png

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I think the electrical movement was replaced with one that is incompatible with the physical movement. You need a motor that connects with that small gear you picture. It's hard to find motors. You will need patience.

BinnyBob likes this.
  3. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

As this seems to be an electric clock, your query might do better in the Electric Horology section.

If the moderator(s) agree, perhaps they can move it for you.

JTD

BinnyBob likes this.
  4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'll move it for you.

5. BinnyBob

BinnyBob New Member

Sep 7, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I realize this is probably being moved but here is a photo of how the piece should be put together Once the small cog is below the Cog that moves the hands to set time the timing shaft spins and does not work... Any ideas? I am okay with setting it twice a year by hand, it runs and keeps time beautifully, I would like to have it fully functional.

FullSizeRender.jpg