• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Sessions Session Mini Mantle clock Time set lever issue

BinnyBob

Sep 7, 2019
Country
hello, NEWB here..

I have this nice Sessions mini mantle clock that I picked up a year ago. The Time lever was always difficult to set time so I took the clock apart to fix and clean. Since having it apart I can not get the lever shaft and gear to move the hands. Once in the cog the shaft spins... there doesn't seem to be any thing to keep the cog in place either. I have searched online for a look at how the shaft and cog fit and can not find any examples. Does anyone here have a suggestion? I would like to fix it so it is fully operational. Thank you for your consideration. SEE photo, The time lever is not in but the cog is and noted, if more photos are needed I would be happy to provide.

Session Clock.png

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I think the electrical movement was replaced with one that is incompatible with the physical movement. You need a motor that connects with that small gear you picture. It's hard to find motors. You will need patience.

Reactions: BinnyBob

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Welcome to the board.

As this seems to be an electric clock, your query might do better in the Electric Horology section.

If the moderator(s) agree, perhaps they can move it for you.

JTD

Reactions: BinnyBob

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I'll move it for you.

BinnyBob

Sep 7, 2019
Country
I realize this is probably being moved but here is a photo of how the piece should be put together Once the small cog is below the Cog that moves the hands to set time the timing shaft spins and does not work... Any ideas? I am okay with setting it twice a year by hand, it runs and keeps time beautifully, I would like to have it fully functional.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcastiaux
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre