Servicing my Month Going Biedermeier

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
After four year of running I had to clean and oil by Biedermeier and here are are ways I got bit. It is a month going clock so it's a bit touchy.

The cable barrel is tricky to disassemble due to an "E" type clamp (Actually "C" shaped) Very hard to remove it to get to the internal ratchet. I finally got the clip off and filed a small bevel notch in it to make it easier to remove next time. Have I committed a horological crime? or fixed a blunder by a predecessor? This clock has had a lot of service with most of the holes re-bushed, very well and the dial probably replaced.

Also I had it stop when the cord rewound into the screw for the maintaining power and I had to disassemble the clock to unwind the cord. This time I made sure that there was less than a 1/4 turn of cord on the barrel and pressed the cord forward as I wound it.

brian fisher

NAWCC Member
Jan 20, 2017
houston, tx
Country
Region
i think your filed adjustment to the winding barrel clip would be just fine and not have any serious effect on the value of your clock. honestly, i most likely would have done the same thing if i were in your position. you should post pics. we don't see many of these regulators here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ferkor
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-