Self-Winding Clock Company - From London Underground

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by ajp33, Jun 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ajp33

ajp33 New Member

Jun 1, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Guys,

This is my first post as I came across this forum whilst doing some research on a clock my Dad gave me 30 years ago which he salvaged from a dumpster. The clock comes from the London Underground, I believe the Angel Tube station, and is currently in the still in the UK but I'm now looking to bring back to the US. It has the F type mechanism with a serial number in the 54,000 range.

Ideally once the clock gets to the US I would love for somebody to check over the mechanisms so we can get it going again as it has wonderful memories for me.

Any insights would be truly appreciated.

The clock below is a similar clock to mine.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Clock at Barons Court.jpg

2. Tim Orr

Tim Orr National Membership Chair
    Director NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Male
    95% retired from the ad business.
    Boulder CO
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. ajp33

ajp33 New Member

Jun 1, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thanks so much for this. Ken's Clock clinic has a wealth of knowledge. I cannot wait to get my clock working again as we tried for thirty years to get it to work so now I have a path to getting this wonderful timepiece operational again.

Thank you so much

4. PatH

PatH Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome, ajp33! If you are an NAWCC member, and would like to learn more background, you can access some great, historical articles about timekeeping/clocks of the London Underground in the August 1999, and the July/August and September/October 2014 issues of The Watch & Clock Bulletin.