• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Seiko Sonola Clock

munaveed2002

Oct 30, 2009
i am using seiko solona clock which i was inherited.
it is quiet good but old model. yesterday i noticed a problem that the hourly striker (dun-dun) does not working properly. every thing clock, time, date, day is working ok but hourly striker only strikes one time on each hour.
can any one resolve my problem.
please indicate in attachment
Thank you in advance

Attachments

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: SET Questions

munaveed, welcome to the message board. I am going to move this to a separate thread, as your clock is not a SET, and deserves it's own topic.

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I can't tell from your picture, but it sounds like the rack that counts the hour isn't dropping on the hour. May just need cleaning, or the lever that lifts the rack hook may need adjusting to lift it higher.

jimjam41

Sep 24, 2012
Hi, I'm new to this forum. My wife inherited a seiko sonola transistor clock, and it seems to be running a half hour slow, I've adjusted the pendulum bob, but it has'nt helped. Is ther some way of taking the face plate apart and seein if it needs to be cleaned? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsteifle
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit