Seiko Kinetic

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Jerry Freedman, Feb 16, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member

Sep 16, 2000
    I have worn my Seiko Kinetic for nearly five years. I have never had a problem. Now I am starting to hears some tales of failed capacitors. They also seem to be the subject of putdowns by some watchmakers I know. Have any of you heard any similar stories?

2. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member

Sep 16, 2000
    I have worn my Seiko Kinetic for nearly five years. I have never had a problem. Now I am starting to hears some tales of failed capacitors. They also seem to be the subject of putdowns by some watchmakers I know. Have any of you heard any similar stories?

3. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Registered User

Sep 1, 2000
    Hello,
    I have only worked on one of these,but a capacitor fixed it .It was a watch 5-6 yrs old.I would try a capacitor first.
    J Smith

4. Dave Haynes

Dave Haynes Registered User

Sep 12, 2000
    Most watch guys, including me, hate quartz movement watches. I do, however, like the Seiko Kinetics. The achilles heel of most quartz watches is that they are poorly cased and must be opened every couple of years for a new battery. Seiko has always cased their watches well, which is the reason you find so many 20 year old Seikos still plugging along.
    Additionally, they don't need batteries so
    they don't get a dose of lint, body crumbs
    and other debris when a battery is placed.
    My wife's kinetic has worked well for six years and probably will continue for many more. I like them.