• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Electric WW Seiko 7009: Conversion Mechanical -> Quartz

boblalux

Nov 13, 2013
Friesland, Germany
Country
Inever could never get to throwing away my old and broken (automaticmovement) and beloved Seiko 7009-3140. Had no problems doing thiswith my much costlier Eternamat Kon-Tiki which1) claimed to be a chronometer, which it wasn't, and 2) finally gaveup the ghost, with a potential of costing a fortune to repair, which I didn't.
Afterdeciding to 'go quartz', I have purchased a Hattori VX43E movement,and wish to fit it into the 'remains' of my Seiko (see attached photo) .
Questions :

1. Where do the 2 gaskets A and B in the photo go ? Which way up ?
  2. Is it necessary Seiko7009.JPG
  3. to vaseline the rim of the crystal before inserting, and also of the tiny gasket in the screw back ?

http://www.bobscardmodels.altervista.org/page5.htm

Last edited:

flynwill

NAWCC Member
Feb 1, 2007
Rolling Hills Estates, CA
flynwill.com
Country
Region
B would have gone between the movement and the dial, A would have been between the movement and the back of the case. Since you are chucking the original movement in favor of a Quartz one I suspect that you may need to modify or fabricate something different for both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndyF1
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent