SEEKING REPAIR OF ROLEX "HOOF" CLOCK

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Jack Feldman, Jun 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jack Feldman

Jack Feldman Registered User

Jun 26, 2020
    I have a Rolex clock that is commonly known as the Hoof or Sabot clock. It's from ca. 1960. It has a 15-jewel nickel-finished lever movement powered by a 3LR12 (max. 4.5v) alkaline battery. I'm looking for someone to repair this clock, ideally someone who's familiar with it. It was working until recently but is not now. (I've replaced the battery.) Thanks very much.

Rolex Hoof Clock 1.png Rolex Hoof Clock 2.png

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the message board! Can you provide us with where you're located? Maybe there are resources around you or a NAWCC club that you could contact.

Kurt

roughbarked likes this.
  3. Jack Feldman

Jun 26, 2020
    Thanks for the suggestion, Kurt. I'm located in Manhattan and also in East Hampton, NY, on Long Island. Right now I have the clock here in East Hampton, but I've been going back and forth to NYC since the COVID crisis hit.

4. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  5. Jack Feldman

Jun 26, 2020
    Thanks again, Kurt. I'm a new member of the NAWCC and not yet completely familiar with navigating the site or the chapter sites. Do you know which drop-down menu I should use to post my message?

6. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't think there's a message board for the chapter. I just provided the info...maybe you can make an email contact and go from there.

Kurt

7. John Arrowood

John Arrowood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
  8. upstateny

upstateny Registered User

Oct 2, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Contact Rolex in NYC.