Seeking information on unknown clock

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by Ed Buc, Feb 2, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ed Buc

Ed Buc Registered User

Apr 1, 2010
    Ray Fanchamps is providing several tower clock movements for an exhibit at the 2014 National in Milwaukee. He has a clock that we cannot seem to find any information on. It appears to consist of two modules. One looks to be for time, and the other some type of strike. Any information would be appreciated. They are relatively compact - about 17 inches across and 8 inches deep.

unknown1.jpg unknown2.jpg unknown3.jpg unknown5.jpg unknown4.jpg

2. Kinpol

Kinpol Registered User

Aug 31, 2010
    art and clocks conservator
    Poland
    Country Flag:
    The construction is typical for the British clocks. It is seven days running movement with anchor escapement. I'm affraid that the manufacturer is "unknown"

3. schroder

schroder New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Calibration electricity
    Holland
    Country Flag:
    Mister Fanchamps, I still working on a tower clock that seems similar to yours.

4. schroder

schroder New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Calibration electricity
    Holland
    Country Flag:
    #4 schroder, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    MisterFanchamps, here is some more information about the towerclock. Its one chassis for the movement and striking. See the pictures. But its strike's one time on every hour. Is that normal or is there a missing part? The name on the silvered dial is R STEWART GLASGOW and the date is 1865.
    Perhaps you can use this info.

Attached Files:

5. MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS

MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Male
    self employed
    wa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have a tower clock that looks similar although mine has a strike train many components look to be from the same source. The set dial on mine is signed F. Last Abergavenny 1879, but according to Chris McKay who is an authority on Brittish turret clocks it was made by W.F. Evans & Son's castings from the Soho foundry Birmingham. F. Last was a clock maker and optician that probably retailed and installed it somewhere in Abergavenny. some food for thought? I posted it under "Welsh tower clock"

George

Attached Files: