• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Seeking info on Seth Thomas Miniature Steeple Clock

Benjamin Cooper

Feb 22, 2018
Country
Region
Hello everyone!!
Yesterday I found this nice Seth Thomas Miniature Steeple Clock at a flea marker. I brought if from a guy who use to repair clocks. He also had other types of clocks that he was selling.

I was wondering if someone could tell me more info about this clock? At this point, I do not own Tran Du Ly's books on Seth Thomas Clocks. But I'm sure someone here does :)

I am attaching 2 photos of it. The case needs some minor repair.

Thank you all for your time!
2022-09-25 12.54.20.jpg
2022-09-25 12.54.33.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Gift

Benjamin Cooper

Feb 22, 2018
Country
Region
Seth Thomas Miniature Steeple Clock .jpg
2022-09-25 12.54.33.jpg

Good morning to all!
I bought this Seth Thomas Miniature Steeple clock last weekend at a flea market. I made a post about it on Sunday in The Newest Clock Acquisition section of this Forum. But I have received no replies about it there. Quite a number of people have apparently viewed it, but have not replied. So I thought I might try posting in this section. I was wondering if someone could give me more info on this clock? The case also needs minor repairs, but those will be fixed in the near future. I do not own copies of Tran Du Ly's books on Seth Thomas Clocks. Any info would be much appreciated!! Thank you all for your time!!

EscapeWheel

Mar 19, 2003
Country
Region
It looks like a Seth Thomas Sharon model from the 1940s or 1950s. I believe they had a similar case that used an electric movement. A picture of the movement would help. Yours looks to be in good shape!

Benjamin Cooper

Feb 22, 2018
Country
Region
It looks like a Seth Thomas Sharon model from the 1940s or 1950s. I believe they had a similar case that used an electric movement. A picture of the movement would help. Yours looks to be in good shape!
Thank you for your reply!! I am curious as to the model name and year it was made. I have not yet had my Dad help me take the face off. The guy that I brought it from use to repair clocks. I didn't think to ask him when he serviced it last. Also this is my first mini steeple. I have a full size one that is an E.N Welch.

Benjamin Cooper

Feb 22, 2018
Country
Region
I have this exact clock! It was turned in at our recycling center.
Wow!!! Does it have the label on the back with instructions? Mine is missing it. But otherwise it seems to have all it's parts! I brought it from a guy who use to repair clocks.

ArthurPeale

New User
Sep 29, 2022
Country
Wow!!! Does it have the label on the back with instructions? Mine is missing it. But otherwise it seems to have all it's parts! I brought it from a guy who use to repair clocks.
It does not. Mine was in rough shape, it looks like it was in storage in a humid area for a bit. Corrosion on the steel parts, the wood looks weathered.

I'm brand spanking new to all of this, so I'm learning as I go.

Last night I tried to remove the chime spring from the assembly, and several gears went flying. this was BEFORE I'd taken any photos. That was not smart.

I put together some deductive reasoning and they're all in place - ish. Now it doesn't run more than a few moments. I suspect some pieces require adjustment and cleaning.

Still wasn't able to open the chime spring barrel.

rstl99

Oct 31, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Benjamin,
I don't have information to help you, but just thought I'd write a quick note because it's not fun to post a new clock and get no response.
Glad you found this at a flea market and it should be a good project for you to get it going again.
Robert

Benjamin Cooper

Feb 22, 2018
Country
Region
Thank Robert,
I really appreciate your reply!! I actually re-posted about my clock in The General Clock Discussion section of this forum. I have gotten a few replies so far. The clock is running well so far. Right now, my parents and I are working on getting it regulated as far as time keeping. It is a nice clock, and it's from the late 1940's. I did some more search on it today.
Ben
Benjamin,
I don't have information to help you, but just thought I'd write a quick note because it's not fun to post a new clock and get no response.
Glad you found this at a flea market and it should be a good project for you to get it going again.
Robert
hank

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Could be a General time movement, pre 1955 or a post 55 movement (Hermle). I've also seen some older ones with S-T or Plymoth #89xx movements.

Look at the back, if it has a large hole near the top it will have a front pendulum Hermle movement.

A photo of the movement will tell the tale and posabably the exact date ...

Willie X

Last edited:

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I have merged the two threads on this clock. Better to have only one.

Benjamin Cooper

Feb 22, 2018
Country
Region
I have merged the two threads on this clock. Better to have only one.
Thank you for doing that Steven!! I really appreciate it!! I was looking for a way to delete the first thread, but I couldn't figure out how. Does the forum not allow for a thread to be deleted? I probably should have posted it in this section of the forum to begin with. Thanks again!
Ben

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Does the forum not allow for a thread to be deleted?
Moderators and Administrators may delete or edit threads, posts, etc. at any time. Others have a 2-hour window after first posting to accomplish edits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndyF1
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent