Seeking info on Hermle K2 & K3 calendar attchts

enigmadan

Apr 12, 2020
Country
These two calendar mechanisms look intriguing, and I thought the addition of complications to my clock designs would be a nice touch. However, I've been unable to find any information or photos or drawings on how they attach (K2) or connect (K3) to the main movement.
Would any reasonably competent person be able to attach the K2, or would it require a horologist? It doesn't appear to require dismantling of the clock movement.
And what actually drives the K3?
Any insight is greatly appreciated. Screenshot_20201110-001413_Chrome.jpg

Allan Wolff

NAWCC Member
Mar 17, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Country
Region
I have never seen one of these before. The photo has a Cousins watermark. Perhaps they can provide some instructions. Mark Butterworth also sells Hermle movements and is a member of this forum. Send him a private message and see if he can assist.
Good luck,
Allan

chorisia

Oct 13, 2021
Country
I have never seen one of these before. The photo has a Cousins watermark. Perhaps they can provide some instructions. Mark Butterworth also sells Hermle movements and is a member of this forum. Send him a private message and see if he can assist. Good luck, Allan
I have never seen one of these before. The photo has a Cousins watermark. Perhaps they can provide some instructions. Mark Butterworth also sells Hermle movements and is a member of this forum. Send him a private message and see if he can assist.
Good luck,
Allan
The triple chime section is held onto the movement by four screws dismantling of the movement not required, I have one of these clocks at present I can only see these movements offered in a wallclock on line Longcased clocks,triple calendar dial,moonphase, were very expensive, the one I have made in 1988. Driven by the clock movement same weights as the movement without susidiary dials

DSC02242.JPG DSC02243.JPG

enigmadan

Apr 12, 2020
Country
The triple chime section is held onto the movement by four screws dismantling of the movement not required, I have one of these clocks at present I can only see these movements offered in a wallclock on line Longcased clocks,triple calendar dial,moonphase, were very expensive, the one I have made in 1988. Driven by the clock movement same weights as the movement without susidiary dials

View attachment 684626 View attachment 684628
Thank you for the info chorisia!

chorisia

Oct 13, 2021
Country
Cousins Uk parts supplier have an 'obsolete' beside the calendar addition. i have been advised that sometimes parts for Hermle can be bought from Hermle America when not available elsewhere. Maybe most buyers would rather have triple chime option movements so the calendar movement option is discontinued,clocks with calendar movements were expensive. Were triple chime with calendar clocks sold or was the calendar an alternative?

enigmadan

Apr 12, 2020
Country
Cousins Uk parts supplier have an 'obsolete' beside the calendar addition. i have been advised that sometimes parts for Hermle can be bought from Hermle America when not available elsewhere. Maybe most buyers would rather have triple chime option movements so the calendar movement option is discontinued,clocks with calendar movements were expensive. Were triple chime with calendar clocks sold or was the calendar an alternative?
I'm not sure whether clocks with triple chimes and calendar were sold, but I'd assume so.
I found the K3 (remote mounted) mechanism at Griffiths (US) for a very reasonable price, and bought several. Right after that, I found that a perpetual calendar mechanism is available from the Ithaca Clock Co so I bought one for the clock I designed and am currently building. The Hermle isn't perpetual, but I may design other clocks to use with them.

trekunst

Jan 24, 2021
Country
Picture of Hermle 140 hermle K3.jpg -080K3 , what parts connects the clock movement and hermle K3 mechanisme ? 5ee532c6-a00d-4c9f-affd-17d77dbbe467.jpg 7e3ad7e7-a855-4fa2-9dfc-ec17b8e6adf2.jpg 89fc3142-880d-4484-bc27-9585ba135c9c.jpg

enigmadan

Apr 12, 2020
Country

Allan Wolff

NAWCC Member
Mar 17, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Country
Region
A photo of the 340-020K movement can be found here. It shows the calendar gear on the front of the movement.

enigmadan

Apr 12, 2020
Country
does anyone have pictures of the part ?
Here's what the Hermle catalog shows, though you'll get a better view on the link Allan Wolf posted. The "bushing (?)" that's attached to the calendar gear on mine has an internal thread (M2 or M3, if I recall), the one on the Clockworks site and in the closeup here appear to have a hole going through the side of the bushing for the rod, and a small set screw to retain it. Either one will yield the desired result.
I used a 1mm brass rod that I fashioned a loop on the end of, which slips loosely over the bushing, and a washer-head screw retains it on the bushing.
The other end attaches to the separate calendar mechanism. Note the catalog specifies the actuation rod's length to be min 100mm - max 400mm.

HermleMovt.png Hermle341-020K_detail.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codozalator
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner