• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Seeking Comment/Info on this Chinese Market Pocket Watch.

M

mikephuvie

I just purchased this pocket watch on EBAY. The pocket watch was signed Dimier on the movement as well as Dimier's Chinese mark on the silver case (info from Antiquorum on the Chinese mark for Dimier). There is very info on Dimier. I did visit the website by Vince Ho but again not much on Dimier. I also at least two other pocket watches with exactly the same dial (two peacocks) for sale from other webbased watch retailers (one from Singapore, one from Netherland) except that the other two have beautiful engraved brass like material movements and quoted as Bovet made. I am interested to know if these type of dial are standard (signed "exclusif" on dial) ? Standard movement? Etc. Any more info on the practice of selecting dial, case, and then movement by customer and having the whole thing put together by the retailer? Here is the item on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=5014418954. Or please just go to eaby and type the item number into the search box.

Thanks,
mp

M

mikephuvie

I just purchased this pocket watch on EBAY. The pocket watch was signed Dimier on the movement as well as Dimier's Chinese mark on the silver case (info from Antiquorum on the Chinese mark for Dimier). There is very info on Dimier. I did visit the website by Vince Ho but again not much on Dimier. I also at least two other pocket watches with exactly the same dial (two peacocks) for sale from other webbased watch retailers (one from Singapore, one from Netherland) except that the other two have beautiful engraved brass like material movements and quoted as Bovet made. I am interested to know if these type of dial are standard (signed "exclusif" on dial) ? Standard movement? Etc. Any more info on the practice of selecting dial, case, and then movement by customer and having the whole thing put together by the retailer? Here is the item on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=5014418954. Or please just go to eaby and type the item number into the search box.

Thanks,
mp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmeywvu
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller