Scientific American Supplement

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by mrb, Apr 22, 2006.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mrb

mrb Guest

Now on the stands, A supplement all about time things,

2. mrb

mrb Guest

Now on the stands, A supplement all about time things,

3. Andy Dervan

Andy Dervan Registered User
    Gibbs Literary Award NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello,

Thank you for the headsup. Will try and check it out... Andy Dervan

4. Richard T.

Richard T. Deceased
    Deceased

Apr 7, 2005
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello all,

I went to a large bookstore yesterday and tried to find this supplement. Couldn't find it. Does anyone have any further information on it, such as date etc...

Regards,

Richard T.

5. mrb

mrb Guest

i don't have mine in front of me but i just got it at barnes and noble, borders probably has it too. it was right beside the regular S.A.

6. Andy Krietzer

Andy Krietzer Registered User

Feb 21, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just got around to getting a copy yesterday at Barnes and Noble Books. It was next to the regular Scientific American magazine, but for some reason were facing backwards, so it took me a while to find it. Anyhow, the title is "A Matter of Time", display until June 26, so you should have time to find it. It is $5.95 US/ $7.95 Canada. At the top it has "Special Edition, Scientific American". It is ISSN 1048-0943 Volume 16, Number 1, 2006. You can order them through the mail for $10.95 in US/ $13.95. 92 pages. Their website is www.sciam.com.

Chapter titles are: Real Time, That Mysterious Flow, A Hole in the Heart of Physics, How to build a time machine, Time and the twin paradox, From Instantantaneous to Eternal, Times of our lives, Remembering When, Clocking Cultures, A Chronical of Timekeeping, Ultimate Clocks, Inconstant Constants, The Myth of the Beginning of time, Atoms of Space and Time. There is only one advertisement, and only a few clocks are pictured (one is a replica of John Harrison's H1).

Andy (haven't read it yet).

7. oldticker

oldticker Registered User

Jan 15, 2005
    Male
    Birmingham, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag: