• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Schwalbach restorations

Ed Buc

Apr 1, 2010
I am putting together a presentation on Matthais Schwalbach for our local chapter. I wanted to include a few slides on restoration projects involving his clocks. Is anyone aware of any restorations?

Ed Buc

Apr 1, 2010
Thanks for the great pictures!

I already found Mark's clock on his website, although it is hard not to get distracted by all the other pieces in his collection!

Ed Buc

Apr 1, 2010
I have a broader question to pose. In the early 1970s, Joseph Baier published a series of articles in the Bulletin on Matthias Schwalbach. One of the articles included a table of clock towers where his clocks were installed, and the status of the clocks at the time. As part of a presentation I am planning for my chapter, I thought it would be fun to update the tables.

I have been contacting individual churches, but I thought I would also reach out to collectors. What I would like to do is to 1) create a table that indicates if a movement is still present, has been modified, or been completely removed, and 2) find out if any of the removed movements are still around. I do not plan to create a table that says "this movement is in the collection of so-and-so", rather, to just say the movement is in a private collection.

Any information would be appreciated.