School House Question

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Ed Schmitt, Feb 2, 2017.

  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ed Schmitt

    Ed Schmitt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

    Aug 30, 2003
    CRNA retired
    Towanda, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Today a lady gave me a School House Regulator clock, that she was going to throw out. A freebee. I thought it was a quartz movement because it is powered by a "D" cell batter, but when I opened it up, I saw a mechanical movement. It also had two hammers and strike rods. I assume it is a bim bam strike movement. Any way the information I was able to get off the movement was --- Rhythm Watch Co, no (0) jewels, unadjusted, Japan. The movement is very oily. I have no idea on how to check or repair this movement. Also, do any of you know where I can purchase a replacement movement. Thanks for your help.

    Ed Schmitt
    Shadows of Times Past

    Attached Files:

  2. Willie X

    Willie X Registered User

    Feb 9, 2008
    You won't find a 'like for like' replacement. I use quite a few P-647WP movements from Merritt's for similar clocks. It's pricey and sometimes a little to wide for some clocks but it's as close as you will get to your old movement.
    Be sure to check all the measurements before you order.
    Willie X

Share This Page