• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Schatz ships bell diagram.

TheEmperorCodsaculus

Sep 4, 2021
Chipley, Florida
Country
Region
I recently acquired a Schatz ships bell clock ....Not the Royal Mariner. It runs and keeps time well. However, there is a problem with it's striking. I have read and re-read a post dating from June 26,2020 "Schatz Ships Clock Bell Issue". It is very informative.... If your're familiar with the nomenclature of the parts. Which I am not. What I am seeking is a source to a diagram pointing out and naming the various parts to help me understand what is being explained in that post. Thx. Keith

TheEmperorCodsaculus

Sep 4, 2021
Chipley, Florida
Country
Region
EscapeWheel,
I passed over that link thinking it wouldn't apply to a "Non-Mariner"..... Duh. Told you I was new. In any event. It's been ringing right along in sequence. Thx for sending me there
Keith

EscapeWheel

Mar 19, 2003
Country
Region
My fault. I should have mentioned that it included more info - you specifically said "Not the Royal Mariner". Glad you got it sorted out!

TheEmperorCodsaculus

Sep 4, 2021
Chipley, Florida
Country
Region
No No. You misuderstood me. It's a good thing you suggested that link. I had dismissed it coz I didn't think it would apply to the clock I have. When I saw the link when I was looking I just passed over it. I didn't look at it 'till you told me about it. Like I said. I'm new to this. And with help from y'all here.
I'll get better at it.
Thx Again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthracite
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent