Schatz 53

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by Richard H, Aug 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Registered User

Feb 21, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Just received a "Clock in pieces in a box". After checking all the parts for the Schatz 53 Mademoiselle are present, they are. After some cleaning and trying to assemble it I noticed the center wheel, 4th wheel is damaged. The end of the shaft is missing the "bearing surface" post.

In the repair guide appendix 79, it appears to be part 46-07. This is the shaft that goes through the front plate with a small gear pressed onto it. The shaft holds the hands. It came apart well.

Any ideas where one might find one?

Schatz1.JPG Schatz2.JPG Schatz3.JPG

2. victor miranda

victor miranda Registered User

Jan 13, 2017
    computer programming stuff
    Baltimore
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    the clock type is pretty common.
    find a used one and the part should transfer and fit.
    ... gotta point out that is not an unusual failure/break.

I have a memory of a home made steady-rest and drilling a hole for a new pivot
    I just can't remember if it was on that arbor...

next time I make a logbook note!
    find logbook...

luck!
    victor

3. tracerjack

tracerjack Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As Victor posts, this is a common movement and you should be able to find one on the regular auction sites. But, if you want just that part, you can contact The Horolovar Company Online Store. We are the 400 day clock people! and see if he has the part you need. Or, you can post in "parts wanted" to see if someone has one in their bone pile.

4. bwd

bwd Registered User

May 24, 2009
    newcastle
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    P8270001.JPG P8270002.JPG P8270003.JPG P8270005.JPG P8270006.JPG not sure but might be able to help. if you are still looking for this part?.I had a look around the junk pile and found bits of a 53 schatz .can someone tell me if this is interchangeable ? would be grate.Brett

5. Richard H

Richard H Registered User

Feb 21, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    That sure looks like the part. From what I have read they are interchangeable. I see the smaller gear has already been removed.