schatz 400 day clock, help required.

trebby91

Jul 26, 2022
Country
Hi,
I have a shatza 400 day clock the number on the back is JUM 7 the sprocket that moves the suspension`wire is missing, the clock was originally my fathers, I broke it about it about 50 years ago when I was a young lad, trying to fix something that was not broken!
I would love to get it going again, it also needs a suspension wire but I am unsure of which one as there are s many.
can anybody assist?
Thanks, Barry.

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Can you post clear images of the clock as well as a good image of the back plate?

Kurt

Reactions: Wimberleytech

trebby91

Jul 26, 2022
Country
Can you post clear images of the clock as well as a good image of the back plate?

Kurt
]
Hi, Kurt,
As requested enclosed photos the sprocket that is missing is the one that drives the rotating pendulum , I als need the correct type of suspension wire.
Regards, Barry.
A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg E.jpg

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
I have the same clock. Looks like you're missing the anchor arbor but doesn't go through that hole you pointed out but through the jeweled hole at the bottom. Of course you might be missing the fork though. Here's a picture of the back of my clock. The suspension spring seems to be 0.0022"...others can confirm as I'm not near my repair guide.

Kurt

Schatz2JUM.jpg

Wayne A

NAWCC Member
Sep 24, 2019
Country
Region
Correct size horolovar brand spring is .0022". Now to find that missing pin pallet anchor!
Also have one of the same faced Jum/7's running.

Wayne

Reactions: Robert Gift

Wimberleytech

NAWCC Member
Jan 27, 2022
Country
I see one of these on that famous auction site. Search " Vtg AUG. SCHATZ & SOHNE 400 Day" It may be worth it because, once you spend the money for the spring, fork, top and bottom block, you would probably get this clock cheaper, and have all the parts you need. Just depends on what it goes for...worth following at least.

trebby91

Jul 26, 2022
Country
Buying a parts clock is what got me trapped in the rabbit hole. I ended up fixing the parts clock and had to buy another,..and another. They're like potato chips
Ok, against advise I bought a broken one it has the part I require, bought the suspension wire only thing I am now short of is the bottom block for the wire ( photo) they are available for around £4.00 problem is there are three sizes and I do not know which it is, any ideas?

Regards, Barry.

$_57(4).jpg

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
If we have the same clock, my bottom block measures:

- 5mm wide
- 6.3mm tall
- 1.5mm thick (when clamped onto the suspension spring)

Kurt

Wimberleytech

NAWCC Member
Jan 27, 2022
Country
Ok, against advise I bought a broken one it has the part I require, bought the suspension wire only thing I am now short of is the bottom block for the wire ( photo) they are available for around £4.00 problem is there are three sizes and I do not know which it is, any ideas?

Regards, Barry.

View attachment 720349
Not against my advice!! You did the right thing. Good luck. Do you need the dimensions for the location of the top/bottom block and fork. I can provide it as can others.

trebby91

Jul 26, 2022
Country
Not against my advice!! You did the right thing. Good luck. Do you need the dimensions for the location of the top/bottom block and fork. I can provide it as can others.
I have now got all the bits with the exception of the bottom block, Kurt has kindly supplied me with the dimensions of the block.
Thanks, Barry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drohlin17
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-