• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

SCC Fashion #4 BPH

KyleG

Nov 4, 2006
Country
Region
Does anyone have the correct BPH for the SCC Fashion #4? TIA

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
There will be nice ghost marks (on the back of the calendar dial, made by the old bob) that you can go by. Otherwise: Shorter = Faster & Longer = Slower, always works for me ... Willie X

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
If you have a beat counter, just mark a starting point for the minute hand, start the counter and let it count for about 3 revolutions of the minute hand. Then divide the number of beats by the number of revolutions and you'll have a pretty accurate BPH for the clock. No need for the pendulum if it will run without one, but any pendulum will work for this.

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
I have an original pendulum
Good. I have a #4T but do not have the original pendulum. I just experimented with parts and made one as near the original as possible. I just figured out the rate by adjusting. Yours is not the weight and size of mine so I’m no help.

Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
Columbus. OH
Country
Region
Good. I have a #4T but do not have the original pendulum. I just experimented with parts and made one as near the original as possible. I just figured out the rate by adjusting. Yours is not the weight and size of mine so I’m no help.
Am I wrong? The size/weight of the pendulum doesn't matter. If it's the same movement bph will be the same. Will, if you know that number it might help him get it into the right ballpark.

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
Am I wrong? The size/weight of the pendulum doesn't matter. If it's the same movement bph will be the same. Will, if you know that number it might help him get it into the right ballpark.
I have not put my meter on it. Just got it adjusted manually. I’ll do it tomorrow and post it.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Tip, a half unfolded paper clip with a little hook bent at one end will help you get the bob on and off. If you drop the bob, it may be more of a problem than you may think ... :oops: Willie X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigDon
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-