Scam>>>scam>>>scam

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Sep 18, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    This email came just a short while ago, IT IS A SCAM...please be advised should you get an email, too.

----- Original Message ----- From: Art Bissell

Hello!
    I'm sorry you're getting the mail from me at this Point in time,my family and I came down here to Istanbul,Turkey for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we stayed,all cash credit cards and cell were stolen off but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.
    I have been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves pretty soon from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.Please be so kind to reply back so I can tell you what to do and how to get some cash to us.
    I'm freaked out at the moment
    Art

2. Tyler K

Tyler K Registered User
    Student Member NAWCC

Oct 23, 2014
    Male
    North Canton, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you for looking out for us and letting us know!

3. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Pretty much always the same, its a goodie and a oldie.

4. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Seriously, how could you fall for something like that? Always call your relatives before sending money to anyone to see if they are still living and breathing and in this country.

5. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    On Youtube there are some funny videos of people scamming the scammer.
    But I know a couple who fell for a scam promising them millions of dollars in return for help getting the money into the US. They always needed a little more money to arrange things, and before the couple found out it was a scam they had lost over $40,000! Their whole life savings. They were deaf, gullible, and WAY too trusting ... not to mention greedy. WC Fields once said "you can't cheat an honest man." I believe that is true.

6. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yeah, if you want to derail the scammers who want your help to get money out of some African country, just tell them to either subtract the money they request and send the balance, or trust me, I will send it once I receive the money.
    I've had a few emails from people on my contact list requesting money similar to what Dan mentions. And a few from those people warning me it is a scam.

7. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I talked to a senior citizen on Wednesday of this week about a similar occurrence. She received a phone call from her grandson who was calling long distance, COLLECT! He had been in an accident which was his fault. It was a DUI, and he was asking his grandmother to wire bail money. She listened patiently, then said, " goodness dear! I am surprised, since you were at my home only last evening! CLICK​!