Saturday Feb 29 Starbucks Showtime - Chapters 50 & 135

Discussion in 'Chapter News and Views' started by Gary Myers, Mar 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gary Myers

Gary Myers Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 14, 2015
    A couple of us had an idea to break away from the normal meeting routine and try something different. Of course we saw Chapter 160's meetups and thought we'd give it a go. We gathered at a local Starbucks here in Puget Sound, Chapters 50 and 135 supporting the Seattle-Tacoma area .

Nine of showed up with an assortment of clocks and watches. The coffee meet was well received, surprised to feel a more casual meetup is much more personable than a regular chapter meeting. We are for certain going to plan other meetups like this in the coming weeks. We also gained a new member!

Enjoy the pics!
    Gary

Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (1).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (9).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (8).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (7).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (6).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (5).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (4).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (3).jpg Saturday 2-29 Starbucks showtime (2).jpg

2. PatH

PatH Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    How fun, Gary! Is the one with the accompanying pictures a private label watch?

3. Gary Myers

NAWCC Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Yes Pat that is a Albert J Stark private dial, Denver jeweler. Can't be certain but I believe this holds a Howard movement. I wish I had the time to take better notes ;-)

PatH likes this.
  4. Jim_Miller

Jim_Miller Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Male
    Clock repair / restoration
    Jackson, Michigan
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I take it that a Starbucks was receptive to your little get together. Did you need any type of permission?
    Jim

5. Gary Myers

NAWCC Member

Oct 14, 2015
    No permission needed, although I would recommend folks buying a coffee or drink of choice.