• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Sangamo Special Identification

kirxklox

Deceased
Dec 17, 2002
Dardanell, AR
www.kirxklox.com
Country
Region
This book was extremely well done. A work of love.

94 page book on the Sangamo Special, a pocket watch made by the Illinois Watch Company of Springfield Illinois in the 19teens and 20's. Brand new, first printing with soft cover back and spiral bound with clear plastic front cover. This book has 87 pages of information, descriptions and detailed identification for all models and variants of the Sangamo Special, 16 and 17 size Railroad grade watch. Features of this book include, Identifications of Model 8, 9, 10 and 13 examples, 19 Jewel, 21 Jewel and 23 Jewel variants; also shown are solid gold examples, rare dials, cases, and movements, with over 60 color illustrations, and over 20 factory ads, patent designs, old factory price lists and catalogue pages. Book also includes a factory serial number ledger list of the runs produced from 1913 through the late 20's and a ledger of Wadsworth case and Sangamo Sp. movement serial numbers of over 120 factory cased examples. This is the most informative book on the Sangamo Special ever written. Authored by Michael Chamelin, 35+ year Illinois collector and contributed to by some of the foremost Illinois watch collectors of today. This book represents over 14 years of research by the author. First presented on the Webhorology website last year, it has now been arranged in book format for your reading pleasure with permission of Sam Kirk, owner of that website. All copywrites of his website apply. Each book is numbered and signed by the author.
118.jpg

dstuartblue

NAWCC Member
Feb 25, 2007
Brunswick, OH
Country
Region
I bought this book last year from Robert Smothers who lives in North Carolina..can't find address or phone in book, but there was a picture of his license plate " 163-BUNN" I'm sure you'll find him in a google search. P.S. I think I paid $35 + shp. Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztrukin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent