• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

San Francisco Horology

S

steve p

The wife & I will be headed up to san fran this week, and was wondering if there are any horologically significant sites to see there? anyone with suggestions? Thanks in advance
Steve

S

steve p

The wife & I will be headed up to san fran this week, and was wondering if there are any horologically significant sites to see there? anyone with suggestions? Thanks in advance
Steve

4thdimension

NAWCC Member
Oct 18, 2001
Country
Region
Hi,
For clocks there is the S.F.Ferry building
tower clock which is running smoothly thanks to NAWCC member Dorian Clair. There is an exquisite McClintock street clock in front of the old Shreve building on Market St. although I'm not sure whether it's currently in restored or vandalized condition . For watches you could shop sporty clothes at the Royal Robbins outlet on Gilman St.(between 6th&7th) in Berkeley. The outdoorsy Royal is a direct descendant of the former head of Waltham watch co. but also the store sits on the site of the former Berkeley watch Co..

If you're staying in S.F. be sure to pack a light jacket for the post 6PM part of the day.
It will be warm and sunny all day but the fog rolls in to cool things off in the evening. :cool:
-Cort

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radome
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-