"S.W.C" & "Crown" Case marks

CZHACK

Apr 28, 2005
Country
Region
Can anyone help with identification of the watch case company? Date range? Also curious about the "crown" which isn't a winding crown but rather a pusher to open the front cover. Thanks for any info. Mike tempImagejSpgL4.png tempImageLCM75N.png tempImagen7iq2b.png

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
It dates to approximately 1880's. It is a Key wind case so you would not need any stem in the crown.

What is the logo above the SWC, it appears to be a crown,which is usually associated with Philadelphia Watch Case co. but the SWC does add up?

In this time there were many small shops who made their own cases....

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
I think "SILVERORE" was Fahys, and the crown could be Philadelphia, Fahys or H. Muhr, so not sure what the SWC (SWG?) would be?

Reactions: CZHACK

CZHACK

Apr 28, 2005
Country
Region
It dates to approximately 1880's. It is a Key wind case so you would not need any stem in the crown.

What is the logo above the SWC, it appears to be a crown,which is usually associated with Philadelphia Watch Case co. but the SWC does add up?

In this time there were many small shops who made their own cases....
Thanks for reply Jim. It is a crown above SWC. I assume the false "winding crown" for that period/or earlier period was to give the impression that it was a stem wound watch at a time when that was a new trend feature.

CZHACK

Apr 28, 2005
Country
Region
I think "SILVERORE" was Fahys, and the crown could be Philadelphia, Fahys or H. Muhr, so not sure what the SWC (SWG?) would be?
I'm at a loss on initials as well after looking at all of the obvious candidates. It is a very detailed case so assume the company had a reasonable production for the tooling required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolyn Reynolds
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre