Roskells of Liverpool and London

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by John Matthews, Aug 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. Allan C. Purcell

Allan C. Purcell Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 9, 2013
    #61 Allan C. Purcell, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
    Hi Dave,
    I have read that before, I think in the meentime you and John have sorted it out much better. Going a bit further with the Hunt and Roskell story, I spent some time looking through David Penney´s archive today.
    Slow work but pays off. You have to tell your self not to look at other interesting clocks and watches-I found five more numbers for my lists, and two watches made by Nicole Nielsen for Roskell. I have put them on my update list page 17. They do though fit into the time after they had sold the business to J.W.Benson. Apart from the archive Mr Penney he had a movement by NN for sale which I bought myself for the hard work-if I can get it working it might make a nice wrist watch.

Regards,

Allan.

2. Allan C. Purcell

NAWCC Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Hi Marty,
    You removed the full size image-thanks-but you also removed the update of the Roskell file-should I try again or can you put it in.

Regards,

Allan.

3. MartyR

MartyR Super Moderator
    NAWCC Member Donor

Dec 16, 2008
    I thought the image was of a pocket watch, Allan, not a pdf or other text file ??? If it was a pdf, as I don't have the original, my apologies - could you post it again please?

4. Allan C. Purcell

NAWCC Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Hi Martin,

No problem-here it is again.

Regards,

Allan
    [​IMG]

5. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Attaching PDF files will work "correctly" on the new site and you will be able to read them without downloading.

6. Allan C. Purcell

NAWCC Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Thank you Tom,

No news is good news, but good news is always welcome.

Regards,

Allan.