• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Rolls Royce of swiss jewelled quartz movements?

clockcase

New User
Jan 3, 2022
Country
Hello, I was wondering what brand previously made or still makes the absolute top quality swiss made jeweled quartz movements? I realize all quartz probably keep great time but I would like to put a preferably used movement inside of a very unique clock case and would like the absolute best quality quartz movement at any price.

SteveC1964

Dec 11, 2009
Houston, Texas
Country
Region
I’d go with Patek-Phillipe. Solar cells power the quartz movement. The story goes Patek fully charged one. They lowered into a darkened cave. Six months later it was right to the second. Deep pockets come in handy when buying one.

Cheezhead

Dec 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Country
Region
If you will pay plenty for an expensive jeweled quartz watch movement you might want to first make sure that it meets the "Modern quartz watch chronometer certified (rare) Best Accuracy" parameter as found in Chronocentric.com under Owners Zone, then Accuracy to be well satisfied for money spent.

ETA jeweled quartz watch movements are available for little money from ebay so if you get one that is not accurate you can chuck it and buy another or adjust it if possible. Rolex uses ETA mechanical movements and searching would show if they use ETA quartz if that matters.

I suggest that spending a lot of money will not necessarily bring the highest quality. Bear in mind the definition of "Veblen Good" and keep that next to "Telephone Scam".

It would be good to know what you define as "absolute best quality quartz movement".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseysomm
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-