American PW Roller table for a Waltham 1872...

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Lorne, Apr 13, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. Lorne

Lorne Registered User

Jul 31, 2008
    Hello,

I picked up a Waltham 1872 Royal movement for short money. When I got it I found that the staff was shot and the roller table was missing.

I haven't been able to find a roller table for the 1872. Can I use a roller table for an 1888?

Lorne

2. richiec

richiec Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    Looking at a 1915 parts catalog, the numbers are different so I doubt you can.

3. Lorne

Lorne Registered User

Jul 31, 2008
    Why is it every time I get a brilliant idea on how to fix one of my pocket watches I find out someone 100 years ago decided I couldn't do it that way?

4. richiec

richiec Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    Well, Lorne, it seems that the different models had different size arbors for the roller tables so short of smashing one in place of the other, I guess you are stuck. I did just pick up a nickel 1872 but it is in too good a condition to part out. It is a 15 jewel movement with a tadpole regulator, adjusted but has a problem with the hairspring so I will be taking it apart tonight, if it turns out to be a problem child, being that I don't have a case for it, I will PM you, I guess a lot depends on how much a roller table is worth.