rolex oyster

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by sue, Oct 7, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sue

sue Guest

rolex oyster watch-are there any collectors out there ?

2. sue

sue Guest

rolex oyster watch-are there any collectors out there ?

3. Mike Kearney

Mike Kearney Guest

Welcome, Sue. Yes, there's at least a few fans of Rolex on the board. We don't buy, sell or discuss their values here, of course. Mainly just show them off and talk about them. Are you a collector too?

Regards,
    Mike

4. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Moderator
    Sponsor Gold Business Member

Sep 3, 2000
    Male
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    So, um, Sue.... um..what's your sign?

Jeff

5. Mike Kearney

Mike Kearney Guest

Jeff, be nice. Sue let me know that she has inherited her Rolex, so I told her that if she'd like to send us an image of it (a document scanner works great) we'd post it and someone could tell her more about it.

Speaking of Rolex, I bought one from Hess Fine Art a while back, and was very happy with the transaction. Any relation to you?

Regards,
    Mike

6. Steve Maddox

Steve Maddox Guest

Mike,

I e-mailed Sue, and she replied with the case number of her watch, from which I was able to tell her probably more about it than she ever wanted to know. I didn't get her sign, but it's probably just as well. My religion only allows one (1) wife per parishioner, and I already have my limit.

As for Jeff, he is the "Hess" in Hess Fine Art, and we're lucky to have him visit here from time to time. Not only does he have a lot of horological knowledge, but also a quick wit! :biggrin:

By the way, you didn't catch the Rolex bug from me, did you? Treatment for it is expensive, and as far as I know, there's no real cure. Maybe we should keep Sue in mind after all, just in case?..

------------------
    Steve Maddox
    VP, NAWCC Chapter #62
    North Little Rock, Arkansas

7. sue

sue Guest

hello everyone that has helped me regarding the rolex,another poser for you all,bravington watches-made of gold ,i am eager to know about this one also,regards sue

8. Bruce Alexander

Bruce Alexander Registered User
    Sponsor NAWCC Brass Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ran across this $700,000 Rolex Oyster on an Antiques Roadshow Video.
    Enjoy:

viclip likes this.