Rolex Datejust 3035 date shifting problem.

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Skutt50, Jul 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Skutt50

Skutt50 Registered User

Mar 14, 2008
    Gothenburg
    Country Flag:
    I have a Rolex Datejust that just has been serviced. (Friend of mine. I don't have the tools myself.)

The watch worked perfectly before, but after service the date shift is sometimes jumping 1,5 dates. This happens around the end and beginning of each month, e.g. from 28 to 29,5. I can quickset the dates and it works fine and after the 4:th or 5:th shift into the month it works normal until the end of the month.

Any thoughts or ideas what can cause this behavior?

2. Paul_S

Paul_S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    The 3035 movement has a reputation for having a touchy date wheel with centering issues. The wheel's teeth need to be in perfect form for it to snap into position. From what you mention, it is possible that a tooth was chipped or bent during the service, but there are a couple possibilities. You would need to remove the dial to be sure.

3. Skutt50

Skutt50 Registered User

Mar 14, 2008
    Gothenburg
    Country Flag:
    Thanks.

I was hoping it would be the the date wheel since it is something I should be able to inspect and possibly replace myself. I will have a look at it when I get back to my workshop.