American Rockford Watch Co made a watch (possible prototype) for Ball Watch Co, Old Forum Post, Where?

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Just wondering if anyone can re-direct me to this old post below or provide any info/photos on the particular watch or the evidence by Jeff Hess that shows the watch or mentions it somewhere in dispatch's. The link provided by Fred H., no longer works, thank you?

Original post was dated 2008--08-24.

"-At least one watch for Ball made by the Rockford Watch Co. also was likely made, and here is a thread also by Jeff Hess showing the evidence ... http://www.nawcc-mb.com/bbv2/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=3;gtid=9636"

Kent

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Gold Member
Aug 26, 2000
Country
Jeff showed a 16-size Rockford-Ball to me once. If I remember correctly, one of the plates was missing and had been replaced by one made of clear plastic.

Reactions: Bila

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Thanks Kent, very interesting, would love to see a picture of it, hopefully he might be by the forums later and see this post:) Just on another note would you happen to know if there is any way possible to retrieve the post from that link that Fred had posted?

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Just on another note would you happen to know if there is any way possible to retrieve the post from that link that Fred had posted?
Pulling up the original references from the old Bulletin Board versions of the Forums is like pulling hen's teeth. Do you happen to know the name of the thread in which the post was made?

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
This is the thread name What were all the companies that made watches for Ball?
...a prototype or model ... http://www.nawcc-mb.com/bbv2/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=3;gtid=303690 - At least one watch for Ball made by the Rockford Watch Co. also was likely made, and here is a thread also by Jeff Hess showing the evidence ...

This should be the link below to Fred's post Steven, thank you for your reply:)

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
This is the thread name What were all the companies that made watches for Ball?
...a prototype or model ... http://www.nawcc-mb.com/bbv2/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=3;gtid=303690 - At least one watch for Ball made by the Rockford Watch Co. also was likely made, and here is a thread also by Jeff Hess showing the evidence ...

This should be the link below to Fred's post Steven, thank you for your reply:)

I’ve seen that thread. I was probably unclear, but I was wanting to know the title of the thread in which Jeff posted the evidence for Rockford making a watch for Ball. I have not been able to find that.

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
I’ve seen that thread. I was probably unclear, but I was wanting to know the title of the thread in which Jeff posted the evidence for Rockford making a watch for Ball. I have not been able to find that.

Haven't got the title Steven, as I never seen the thread before of Jeff's . I only have the above thread that Fred posted in and the link he provided in that to the thread that holds the proof.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Haven't got the title Steven, as I never seen the thread before of Jeff's . I only have the above thread that Fred posted in and the link he provided in that to the thread that holds the proof.
Perhaps the thread below? I had to re-add the attachments in the first two posts as I found them in the same thread on the old vBulletin MB. Since the first two posts are in all other aspects the same (as is common with older threads), I cannot explain the discrepancy in the two attachments. The links to the photos on flickr seem identical in both posts.

prototype BALL | NAWCC Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikel Edd
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Watch Inspectors by Kent