Roblin à Paris

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Ticktocktime100, Jan 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Ticktocktime100

Ticktocktime100 Registered User

Hi,
    It's been a while since I've started a thread. I picked up a nice, rather ordinary 1880's French marble clock a couple of months ago. I never pass them up when they are in my area and priced reasonably. What I particularly like about it is the blue numerals, that are quite unusual. I expected the movement to be something like a Japy Frères when I took it out, so it was an added bonus to discover a name that I didn't recognize, Roblin, a maker based in Paris. I was wondering if anyone has some information to share? If so, it would be much appreciated. The movement is also stamped "Hervy", does anyone know what this name refers to? As you can see, the clock is very clean, just a bit dusty. A drop or two of oil should get this one up and running. Thanks!
    Regards.

Attached Files:

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    #2 JTD, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    If you google Roblin a Paris you will find a lot of his clocks, although not much about the firm itself. He seems to have flourished in the last half of the 19th century.

There is some information about Roblin in Tardy's 'Le dictionnaire des horlogers francais'. You can also google 'Roblin a Paris pendules' and you will get up a link to the www.culture.gouv.fr /+++++ (too much to quote her) which has a good deal about Roblin (in French).

I think Hervy may have been the finisher. but that's just a guess.

Not very much, but hope it may help a little.

JTD

3. Ticktocktime100

Ticktocktime100 Registered User

JTD, that's already a great start, thank you!
    Regards.