Ridgeway model 205 serial 7266

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Lizc1992, Aug 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lizc1992

Lizc1992 Registered User

Aug 16, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    im trying to get as much info on this clock I inherited from my grandfather. The pice is truly priceless to me but I would like as much in-fo as anyone can provide. I have the missing numbers just haven’t glued them and it works well for a 46 year old clock. Chimes beautifully brings back my childhood and leading to tell time and count as it chimed. So is anyone can provide info on this sentimental pice of art please help.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Lizc1992

Lizc1992 Registered User

Aug 16, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Bump please help me find out more info

3. Lizc1992

Lizc1992 Registered User

Aug 16, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Bumping this

4. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the board.

We can not tell you much based on the pictures you provided, except that you have a tall case clock, which you already know. We will need to see pictures of the back of the movement to determine who the movement maker was. IIRC, Ridgeway also used labels that may indicate the year of manufacture. Please provide pictures of the label(s). The labels were place on the inside of the cabinet.

Ridgeway were furniture makers - not clockmakers. They purchased movements from various manufacturers and place the movements inside their cabinets.

We have one contributor - screen name "Spaceman Spiff" - who knows the most about Ridgeway clocks. Unfortunately, he only reads these boards every two months or so.

Regards.