Ridgeway Grandfather clock model identification help

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by BrandyTri, Sep 4, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BrandyTri

BrandyTri New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Trying to obtain model # so I can place a value on this clock. There is a number painted on the bottom 1-11-P-109. The mechanism is a UW66005 with a serial number of 15174.

It was my grandparents clock and I know it was bought prior to 1991 as that is when my grandfather passed. I am thing 1980's?
    Sorry the photos aren't so good. It is in storage and this is the best I could get. I ultimately need to value it so I can sell it to pay bills of the estate. Don't worry, it's not leaving the family or I would be buying it myself.
    Thank you in advance for the help.
    Brandy

clock 1.jpg clock 2.jpg clock 3.jpg clock 4.jpg clock 5.jpg

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Unfortunately, clocks from that era are not going to make you rich.

3. BrandyTri

BrandyTri New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Country Flag:
    LOL. True story. I just have to establish a fair market value so that I, as the personal representative of the estate, can say that I sold it for an appropriate price. I know that I can't get a value here, but if I can get a model number (or Name) I can search the internet for what the going asking price is.

--- on a side note, this clock has been is storage since 2005 and as I was moving it around the chimes were clinking (after consulting a clock shop, I now know that I need to get some Styrofoam or cardboard and brace them before moving them so as to not damage them) it did bring back memories of being in my Grandmother's house and hearing the clock tell us what time it was. It's a nice memory and I might go record it after it's been serviced and sold and placed in my Aunt's house so that I can have that memory anytime I want. Each clock has it's own unique sound, just as with a persons voice.

4. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Registered User

Jun 19, 2006
    Male
    Semi-retired - with a degree in Creative Writing
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Brandy.

Welcome to the message board!

I have some Ridgeway catalogs from ca. 1967, 1977 and 1997, but unfortunately I can't find your model shown in any of them. I have a significant gap of no info available from the 1980s period, and since you suspect that being the period your clock is from, that's likely why I can't find it listed.

Sorry I wasn't of more help.
    Good luck with your efforts.
    Sincerely,
    John