ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
Anyone ever replaced movement where can I get movement?

people replace movements all the time... but not without specific information.

can you please provide more explanation of your question and multiple photos of the clock and movement in question?

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
Does your clock work at all? You really need tell us what the problem is so we’re not just guessing.

I would start by eyeballing the battery compartment and making sure that the contacts are not corroded. You can use a little nail file to file them clean to make sure you have good connections.

If you Google clock plus a few of those song titles you’ll get a few links to the company that makes those clocks… which are surprisingly expensive. Once you do the first googling you can also search eBay where there are some of these clocks listed for about half of retail… Which is still in my humble opinion bloody expensive. :)

I doubt you’ll be able to find a replacement movement… They probably had a bunch made for their various clocks… They are definitely non-standard.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Those clocks work with a standard "trigger movement". Getting the hands on is the bigger issue, because the original movements are specially made for the clocks. I have successfully used brass tubing to extend the hour and minute arbors for them.
If your issue is with the movement, you have a chance at fixing it. The electrical boards may be a harder problem if that's where the issue is.

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
right… but we don’t know what the issue is. and, would the trigger movements play the songs?

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
There is at least one old thread on these clocks..

If it's not something simple that can be fixed, the company was no help. It's the old "no repair, buy a new one thing".

Willie X

sparkshome2001

Old Timer
Jan 4, 2010
Clock will work ok day or so then starts to lose time maybe 15 minutes then more time have not taken movement out yet is any fix to the old movement?

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
That's an odd symptom, but these clocks do indeed use a standard 'trigger' movement for timekeeping, and Timesavers sells them. The only way to disassemble the clock is to start from the front, which means that you must pierce or remove some of the stick-on gold decor. These are difficult to work on.

Mark Kinsler

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
About the only way they can lose time is a slipping gear in the movement. Hard to know for sure until you dig into it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmvalente
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre