Rhythm Clock 4MH696RH08

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Old Grampa, May 14, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Old Grampa

Old Grampa Registered User

Sep 26, 2011
    reeeetired
    Country Flag:
    I have a Rhythm clock, model 4MH696RH08.
    It is the one with the Japanese Kids who come out and sing in Japanese.
    When the music begins on the hour,
    I also hear the local radio station playing.

Any ideas on how to stop the radio reception?

Tx for any comments.

2. eskmill

eskmill Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Region Flag:
    It is possible that the "radio station" sound or noise is a part of the recorded audio entertainment inside the clock. (which is not likely)

To verify that the "noise" originates from a nearby "radio station" or other source of RF interference, place the Rhythm Clock inside a Faraday Shield such as a wire screen porch with all the screens grounded. The Faraday Shield would block all external RF interference.

Instead of the Faraday Shield, you could try the clock inside a sedan automobile or possibly in your basement etc.

If, the interference source is determined to be "Radio Frequency Interference" by shielding the clock, then the addition of small capacitors connected across all wired terminals inside the clock's audio circuits would shunt or "short-circuit" any induced current in the audio circuits caused from external RF sources such as a nearby radio transmitter.

It is also possible that there is a loose wire inside the clock that is acting as an antenna.

3. Old Grampa

Old Grampa Registered User

Sep 26, 2011
    reeeetired
    Country Flag:
    Tx for the info Eckmill .
    The radio I am hearing is from a local station. I have heard their call number.
    I will try the clock in some other locations to see if it stops.

4. kdf

kdf Registered User

Aug 26, 2011
    BScEE
    Beograd
    Country Flag:
    Ceramic capacitor (47nF or 100nF) conected in right place will solve the problem.