Reviews

Richard Watkins

NAWCC Fellow
May 2, 2004
Tasmania
www.watkinsr.id.au
One of the problems with message boards is that after topics have moved off the first page they tend to be missed/forgotten.

I think it is time to split "Horological Books" into 2 sub-categories: "Reviews" and "Discussions, etc". This way it will be easier to keep track of threads.

Should we have a poll on this?

kirxklox

Deceased
Dec 17, 2002
Dardanell, AR
www.kirxklox.com
Country
Region
That problem exists on every Forum and every Message Board on the Internet. Splitting this Forum is only going to compound the problem. There was an attempt to rate threads and posts, but it was mis-used and abused.

The only saving grace is the Search Engines that crawl this MB and all the other sites where the World is exposed to the information.

Jon Hanson

Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston, Ma.
www.americanhorologe.com
Country
Region
Yes, MORE forums--"the more the merrier!"

Jon

kirxklox

Deceased
Dec 17, 2002
Dardanell, AR
www.kirxklox.com
Country
Region
Richard: Making new Forums was not my issue. I was agreeing with you as to the visibility of old topics. As far as I can determine that condition will not change by making more Forums. Splitting Forums is only valid when you have HIGH use on one and want to make it easier. for more members to become involved in a more defined area.

Jon Hanson

Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston, Ma.
www.americanhorologe.com
Country
Region
What about 2 divisions: discussion and an ongoing book list with reviews? The top of the board states "horological education."

Jon

kirxklox

Deceased
Dec 17, 2002
Dardanell, AR
www.kirxklox.com
Country
Region
With over 80000 books, pamphlets, and Magazines that have been published about Horology it would be an easy split. However, there are only a few that are interested in the topic.

Is there enough interest in the subject to make it worth splitting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisWinston
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller