Reverse print/ paint chrome or silvering: How can I do this?

Discussion in 'Reverse Glass and Dial Painting' started by berntd, Dec 4, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. berntd

berntd Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Hello

I was wondering if you folks had any idea how I could re-paint the silver bits on the emblem as in the picture?

I have just come across this whole new problem that seemed impossible until I remembered that here at the NAWCC we do very similar stuff with the clock dials.

The emblem's silver parts are recessed from behind
    and it was reverse painted / printed.

I have so far tested chrome spray paint on a sheet of glass.
    Whilst it looks great on the spray side, the other side (looking through the material) comes out dark grey.:confused:

The emblem is made of some sort of clear plastic and all the old paint can be scraped off easily.

I am also wondering if a dial silvering kit might work?

Any ideas, greatly appreciated.

Best regards
    Bernt

Attached Files:

2. BLKBEARD

BLKBEARD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 15, 2016
    HVAC, MECHANIC
    CT
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag: