Restoration forum icon missing

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
If you are talking about that lonely word "Restoration" at the top of the right column of the "Clock Repair, Restoration, & Design" category on the main Forums page, that is actually the tail end of "Clock Case Construction, Repair, & Restoration." It is not intended as a separate forum.

Restoration.png

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Steven -

I hadn't noticed that even though I hovered over the "lonely" word Restoration. Strange...why isn't the software wrapping the word to the next line? As it does on a couple of the title areas in the Museum section of the main page. This is on my main computer monitor.

Kurt

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Steven -

I hadn't noticed that even though I hovered over the "lonely" word Restoration. Strange...why isn't the software wrapping the word to the next line? As it does on a couple of the title areas in the Museum section of the main page. This is on my main computer monitor.

Kurt
As I understand, the software is trying to keep the two columns equal in height and provide word break on lines. Changing the window from full screen produces a different appearance, but I don't care for that look, myself.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
To make the point more clearly, we can call the forums whatever we like. The only problem is how long it takes to explain what we meant. :)

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I am sure one of you clock guys can come up with something better that fits correctly. I try to keep forum names to under 20 characters.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I am sure one of you clock guys can come up with something better that fits correctly. I try to keep forum names to under 20 characters.
Either "repair" or "restoration" can be omitted. They are somewhat redundant. Both "Clock Case Construction & Repair" and "Case Construction & Restoration" fit nicely.

Reactions: Tom McIntyre

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
Does the title even need the word clock? It is in the clock section already.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
You need to look at the title on all the screens it appears on. Context and redundancy can be subtle if you do not do a full scan.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
You need to look at the title on all the screens it appears on. Context and redundancy can be subtle if you do not do a full scan.
You know, someone can always second guess what another does. If my action is not satisfactory, then let yet another change it. I'm just a lowly volunteer with the fancy title of User Administrator.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
I am sorry I was not clear. i applaud what you did. My comment was directed at the general case of trying to make a string meaningful when it gets used in more than one context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eric O
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre