Requesting info on a HAC 14 day clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Vince Hart, Nov 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vince Hart

Vince Hart New Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I have HAC 14 day strike clock - Cross Arrows markings on works and gong mount - has No.1902 on it.
    What do I have please ?

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

It might have been easier to have started a new thread for your enquiry, instead of tacking it on to this thread which has been dormant for 7 years. However, it is virtually impossible to answer your question without any pictures to look at.

I am also not quite sure what your question is. You ask 'what do I have?' but you already know that your clock is by HAC, is 8-day movement, strikes etc., so not quite sure what else you are looking for. Possibly the date, but you don't say so.

If you could explain a little more what it is that you want to know and also post photos so that we know what we are talking about, it will be much easier to give full details of your clock.

This is not intended to be discouraging but none of us has a crystal ball, so without pictures, we are working blind - we don't even know where the number 1902 you mention appears.

Please help us to help you - there are plenty of people here who would be glad to do so.

JTD

3. Vince Hart

Vince Hart New Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info JTD.
    However, I cannot figure out how to make a new Thread on this website !
    Vince

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'll move the recent posts to a new thread.

5. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    If you scroll right down to the bottom of the listings page, you will find a green box saying 'post new thread'. Click on that and away you go!

But it doesn't matter anyway, because the helpful moderator has moved your posts and started a new thread for you.

Now, let's see your photos!

JTD

6. The Treasured Clock

The Treasured Clock Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Male
    Retired
    Franklin, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Vince,
    You may have a clock made by Hamburg-Amerikanische Uhrenfabrik according to the trademark you described. However, please post pictures and explain a little more. One of us might be able to respond to your inquiry better.
    Jonathan Lee Jones