• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Request for Assistance

M

Michael R. Dutton

Would someone please put me in touch with Michael Harrold. We had been in contact with each other a couple of years ago concerning our common interest in Jacob Karr, a Washington, D.C. watchmaker from the 1860s on.

Jacob Karr was my great-great-grandfather. I have some significant information for Michael and some questions.

Thanks! Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

terry hall

NAWCC Silver Member
Apr 12, 2001
Central North Carolina
Country
Region
M

Michael R. Dutton

Thank you for the information! I've also received two PMs. The purpose of this post has been accomplished.

It is not necessary for this thread to hang around on the message board forever and a day. If a moderator or administrator wants to delete this thread, that is fine with me.

Again thank you to all who replied.

Mike Dutton

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Actually, knowing how to find one another is important.

Often, you can look here on the Message Board and put their name or part of it in the advanced search function to find a post they have made and then use the drop down to contact the person.

In the case of my friend Mike that would be difficult because his username is MCH, which is not particularly revealing. In fact he uses the email address for his wife's name, which one would never guess. That is why he does not show up as an NAWCC Member in his posts here.

I know that many subscribe to the old adage that "Fools names and fools faces are often seen in public places" ;) but we do try to protect you here on the message board and the member to member communication is much easier if we use our actual names.

The email contacts through the Message Board do not reveal anyone's email address. If you email someone, the board forwards the message on your behalf and gives your email address to the party you are contacting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB767
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent